Last night, around 3am, I woke up with an idea of something I felt (at that hour) that I NEEDED TO DO. You see, I own a little bit of Villains & Vigiantes stuff. And I love the classic Mystery Men movie.
Why not stat up the Mystery Men as honestly as possible, and try to run them through as many V&V adventures as I have to see how they fare against the “rules as written”. And I do have a few adventures to work with…
- Death Duel with the Destroyers by Bill Willingham (The Mystery Men would be well-suited to this one, and could probably beat it with a bit of luck)
- There’s a Crisis at Crusader Citadel by Jeff Dee & Jack Herman (Maybe too many foes, but most have very few hit points…)
- The Pentacle Plot by Stefan Jones (Not a chance through action, but they might pull it off by role-playing)
- Pre-Emptive Strike by Stephen Dedman (Not a chance. The Mystery Men get smoked unless they are crazy lucky and Carmine’s Skull feels like helping out a LOT)
- From the Deeps of Space by Stefan Jones (Not sure about this one, they’ll probably make it through despite themselves and then find themselves entangled in an interplanetary war of some kind)
- Devil’s Domain by Troy Christensen (If the Mystery Men make it this far, they won’t make it any further. Unless they recruit another dozen into the team, they are gonna get eaten)
Because, you know, I don’t have enough other things to do these days besides write up a team of characters and run them solo through a half-dozen full-length adventures.