Rangers are of course epitomized by Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings (the original source material for the class when it was a fan creation in the pages of Dragon Magazine). But let’s spread the love a bit, with a d12 table of Ranger subclasses!
This is also the last subclass table for the core Labyrinth Lord rules – with it we have covered all 13 classes in the core rules and the AEC. So if I continue the series, it will be subclass tables for some of my favourite home-brewed classes.
Ranger Subclasses (roll d12)
- Forester – +1 to hit and damage with axes
- Nomad – +1 to hit and damage from horseback, good judge of horseflesh (roll mount hit points twice, take the better)
- Poacher – Move silent and hide in shadows as a thief
- Huntsman – +1 to hit with bows, +1 damage / level vs animals
- Guide – Travel overland at 50% greater speed, or enable a group of up to 6 + 1 / 2 levels to travel overland at 25% greater speed
- Snake Eater – +5 on saves vs poison
- Weathered Survivor – d8 hit die (d10 if using advanced hit dice)
- Treasure Hunter – Find / Remove Traps as a thief
- Night Hunter – Gain infravision 30′, or increase existing infravision by 30′
- Loreseeker – Can use magic user and druid scrolls of up to 1/4 the character’s level
- Focused – +10% to earned XP
- Choose one or make up a new one