Often misunderstood, or just out-of-place in the typical European fantasy world, the monk has seen many a makeover through the history of the game… So I figured it wouldn’t hurt to toss together another d12 subclasses table for these unsung nearly-naked heroes.
Remember – if using these rules, all characters must have a subclass. If you really don’t want a subclass, petition the GM to let you take the focused subclass (Focused Monk), which provides no new abilities, but instead makes leveling up a bit faster.
Monk Subclasses (roll d12)
- Tortoise Style Adept - +2 AC bonus
- Tiger Clan Warrior – +1 to hit and damage
- Iron Hand – Increase hit die to d6
- Scorpion Warrior – Can wear leather armour while using all monk abilities (including AC bonus)
- Temple of the Serpent – +10% move silently and hide in shadows
- Serene Ascetic – Cast spells as a cleric of 1/2 level, cannot find/remove traps or pick locks
- Enlightened - +1 on all saving throws
- Gentle Hand – Can lay on hands like a paladin
- Ghost-Faced – Can backstab like a thief
- Witch-Killer – +1 on saves versus magic, +1 to hit and damage magic-users and similar characters and creatures
- Focused – +10% to earned XP
- Choose one or make up a new one