Thieves remain one of my favourite character classes. Proof once again that I’m not “old school enough” since I like a class who’s abilities could be all role-played for the truly old school.
Remember – if using these rules, all characters must have a subclass. If you really don’t want a subclass, petition the GM to let you take the focused subclass (Focused Fighter, etc), which provides no new abilities, but instead makes leveling up a bit faster.
Thief Subclasses (d12)
- Bounty Hunter - +1 to hit and damage against his own race
- Dungeoneer - +20% chance to detect traps
- Butcher - Increase backstab multiplier by 1
- Scout - +1 initiative, +1 hear noise
- Fence - +2 on reaction rolls to buy and sell goods
- Guild Thief - +10% to open locks and pick pockets
- Thug - d6 hit die (d8 if using advanced hit dice)
- Knife Artist - +1 to hit and damage with daggers
- Outcast – -1 on reaction checks, +1 weapon damage
- Arcanist - Cast magic user spells as a magic user of 1/3 level. Cannot wear armour.
- Focused - +10% to earned XP
- Choose one or make up a new one