If there is anything that feels like a classic fantasy story, it is arriving in a town or city just in the midst or verge of a major festival.
So what’s the party all about?
Table 1 – Random Festivals (d12)
- Celebrating the anniversary of the end of a war.
- Religious celebration (table 2).
- Agricultural fair – showing off animals and foodstuffs.
- The Great Fast – a day or week when all the inhabitants fast and are quiet and reserved.
- Celebration of the beginning of the local calendar year.
- Celebration of the anniversary of a great heroic deed.
- Spontaneous celebration of an important marriage.
- Trade festival.
- Party to ward off bad luck and renew the good.
- Remembrance of a great tragedy.
- A major funeral.
- Contests of prowess – military, skill or magical.
Table 2 – Religious Celebrations (d4)
- Anniversary of the arrival of a great saint or religious leader.
- Traditional celebration of blessings.
- Day of purification.
- Anniversary of the birth of a great saint or religious leader.