Beggars, beggars everywhere, and not a copper to waste.
Table 1: Random Beggars (d12)
- Naturally blind
- Blinded by torture or injury
- Broken limbs
- Missing limbs
- Badly burned by magic
- Cursed or Geased to beg
- Buried under layers upon layers of rotten clothing
- Inebriated nearly beyond comprehension
- Touched by the gods
- One eyed
- Bizarre Beggar (roll on Table 2)
Table 2: Bizarre Beggars (d12)
- Monster race not normally seen in civilized company (ettin beggar) – roll d10 on table 1.
- Has green slime in a box that he needs to keep fed – roll d10 on table 1.
- Wears a beat up crown and once-expensive rags and claims to be the king of the beggars.
- Has partially mutated into a puddle of goo – roll d10 on table 1.
- Is a mid-level spellcaster – roll d10 on table 1.
- Has a dancing kobold on a leash – roll d10 on table 1.
- Is a dancing kobold on a leash.
- Appears to be a growth medium for strange mushrooms.
- Is undead, but no one has noticed because he still sits there begging as always – roll again on table 1.
- Wears inappropriate clothing (boots on his hands and head)
- Scuttles through the gutters grabbing and eating insects – roll again on table 1.
- Is perfectly normal.